Blackmores Proseren® contains a clinically trialled dose of the herb saw palmetto which has been shown to relieve the symptoms of medically diagnosed benign prostatic hypertrophy (benign enlargement of the prostate) and may assist in the management of this condition.
Features and benefits
- Easy-to-swallow capsule.
- Standardised to contain 144 mg of fatty acids in each capsule
- Formulated to replicate the effective dosage used in clinical trials
How it works
- Benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH) is a slow progressive enlargement of the prostate gland. Symptoms include frequent urination (particularly at night), hesitancy and impairment of urinary stream.
- Results of clinical trials indicate that saw palmetto can assist in the relief of symptoms of BPH. The actual mechanisms of action of saw palmetto in BPH are still not clear, but are thought to be due to its ability to reduce inflammation and oedema and reduce smooth muscle spasm. Saw palmetto has been shown to improve residual urine volume and urinary tract symptoms, such as night time urination and poor urine flow.
- Of particular interest is that scientific review of evidence for the use of saw palmetto concluded that it decreases the symptoms of BPH, with few side effects and no changes to PSA levels. Saw palmetto does not artificially lower PSA levels, hence it is unlikely to mask the presence of prostate cancer.
Adults - Take 1 capsule morning and evening, or as professionally prescribed.
Children under 12 years - Not recommended.
Contraindications & Cautions
Consult your doctor before use and ensure your condition has been diagnosed as benign prostatic enlargement.
May occasionally cause mild gastrointestinal symptoms.
If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional.
Always read the label. Use only as directed.
Active Ingredients Per Capsule
Serenoa serrulata (Saw palmetto) extract equivalent to dry fruit
standardised to contain fatty acids 144 mg 1.6 g (1600 mg)